To point out, this is not for those dog owners whose dogs will get out every once in a while and run away. This is for the owners who intentionally let their dogs roam the streets.
Don't you hate it when irresponsible dog owners let their dogs roam the neighborhood? In the United States this is illegal, yet many dog owners do it anyway.
By letting your dog roam free it is not only a danger to your dog, but a danger to others in the neighborhood or even yourself.
1) By letting your dog roam free, the dog could be hit by a car. Not only could the dog be hurt or killed, but if you are found responsible you could possibly be sued.
2) If your dog is not spayed or neutered, he could get another dog pregnant, which ends up with you paying that dogs medical bills, or she could come home pregnant which leaves you with a litter of puppies.
3) Your dog could be attacked by another dog. In turn it could attack another dog which again you may end up being sued.
4) Your dog could end up stolen. Most likely your dog could end up anywhere. In a puppy mill, a dog fighting ring, even an illegal trade. They could be beaten and left for dead for all we know.
5) Most likely, your dog could end up getting picked up by animal control and landing in the pound and/or possibly be put to sleep.
6) Not everyone likes dogs. Also, not everyone likes stray or roaming dogs all over their property. Many owners have gone to the extremes of putting things like poison on their grasses to keep stray dogs away. As inhumane as that is, some people still do it. Also, people have been known to shoot dogs that are on their property.
In conclusion, if you love your dog, keep a leash on it. Now Im not saying that you should constantly keep a leash on it, as that would be inhumane. Im saying, if your dog is not in the house, or an enclosed outside environment, keep it on a leash.
Stamp Base belongs to [link]